How I Became An Expert on Tips
Despite the wedding sand ceremony, sometimes referred to as a unity sand ceremony having existed for a long time, recently it has increased in popularity, especially because couples are now moving away from some traditional ceremonies like the unity candle ceremony.
It is not known clearly who first practiced the wedding sand tradition, but most people believe that either the Hawaiians or the Native Americans were the first to practice it, and that it is a symbol of how inseparable marriage is. Initially, the bride together with the groom would each pick a handful of sand and then throw it to the wind. The small grains of sand would become combined and it would be impossible to separate them, and this symbolized the marriage of the couple.
The current unity sand wedding has now become a part of the main wedding ceremony, and this activity takes place just after the couple has been pronounced as husband and wife. This is supposed to be their initial task that they jointly do together after marriage.
The 5 Rules of Ideas And How Learn More
How a Typical Wedding Sand Ceremony Works
Here are four main steps of a basic wedding sand ceremony.
Doing Weddings The Right Way
1. A table is placed at the central place of the wedding sand ceremony with a clear vase in the center. This is usually engraved or accessorized with the name and initials of the couple and the wedding date.
2. Two small vases are placed on either side of the big glass vase, and the two contain differently colored sands one to represent the gloom and the next representing the bride. You can have the colors of the sands customized to match the color of your wedding.
3. In the sand wedding ceremony, the groom and bride take turns in pouring the sand from their smaller vases into the big vase, and create different layers.
4. Lastly, they both pour the sand from their individual vases into the central vase causing the two colors to mix and impossible to separate, this is a sign of their unity together in marriage. A reading or a poem can be recited as the couples pour the sand.
There are usually three different sand wedding ceremonies.
1. Religious dissimilarities
2. Parents’ differences.
3. Children differences.
Sand ceremony weddings are often ideal for outdoor or informal weddings, especially beach weddings since the sand can be collected from the venue, and this will give the wedding more impact. If you choose not to get married near the beach, you can order for the wedding sand ceremony supplies with any color. Consider having the big glass vase sealed with a special wax to preserve it after the unity sand wedding ceremony; this will make a wonderful relic to remember your wedding day.